Becoming an Installer at Artisan Direct
While Artisan Direct produces the weekend directional signs in-house, our installers place the signs out for home builders every weekend. Being a route sign installer for Artisan Direct has its perks, one of which is allowing you to own your route within a specific territory. Here are the responsibilities a sign installer has at Artisan Direct:
- MUST own or have access to a truck, van or SUV for placement and removal of signs, in the designated areas, at the start and end of the weekend.
- Installing signs between 6PM on Fridays and no later than 9AM Saturday morning
- Picking up the signs late afternoon / early evening on Sundays
- Finding a qualified back-up to run signs on weekends you are unavailable
- Occasionally meeting with sales agents from the communities to drive the route and ensure that sign placement is clear and precise
- Educating oneself on the proper placement procedures of all signs as it pertains to locations on the road
- Adhering to a route map that shows driving directions and signs required at each stop, which will be approved by the Territory Manager (TM)
- Picking up losses and stakes as well as reporting of all losses by COB every Monday
- Requesting replacement of losses and stakes
- Storage of all signs (i.e. garage or at a designated storage unit established between you and your Territory Manager)
To succeed and profit, you should:
- Have the availability and reliability to work a flexible schedule on the weekends
- Be someone who is looking for good supplemental income
- Live near the assigned route(s) to ensure timely placement and pick-up
- Be someone who is a self-starter and will take ownership of their business and territory
- Have a back-up installer on weekends if you are unable to complete the installations.
- Have secure storage for signs (during the week).
- Be able to follow directions on a road map and GPS mapping systems.
- Have reliable forms of communication (mobile phone and email).
- Compensation is based on the number of signs placed per week
Interested in becoming a route sign installer? Visit the “careers” section on artisandirect.us to find out more information!